As of the end of the second quarter of 2008, our Net Worth was $660,134.
Our Net worth decreased by $7,514 (or 1.1%) this quarter. The return on our overall portfolio for the quarter was a negative 4.5%. I calculated our portfolio return using a formula for calculating portfolio return I mentioned in a previous post.
Considering the performance of the stock markets in the last quarter, I am not too disappointed with the performance of our portfolio. The bond portion of our portfolio (all in retirement accounts) held up as expected. Like everyone else, I am hoping for a better second half of the year.
- Net Worth update - 2008 First quarter: Up 1.4%
- Net Worth update - 2007 Fourth quarter: Up 1.3%
- Net Worth update - 2007 Third quarter: Up 6.1%
- Net Worth update - 2007 Second quarter: Up 7.4%
- Net Worth update - 2007 First quarter: Up 7.7%
- Our Net Worth over the years
- Financial goals for retirement
- Asset Allocation update: 2007 December