Our Net Worth report at the end of 2008 was $575,829.
Our Net worth decreased by $46,468 (or 7.5%) this quarter. This decline is in line with that of the overall market, so I am not overly concerned about it.
As I mentioned previously, I plan to stick with a 75/25 portfolio (75% Equities, 25% Fixed income). Due to the recent market decline, the percentage of stocks has fallen well below the 75% target. I haven't done any significant re-balancing yet, but have changed our 401(k) allocations for new money to 100% stocks. Other than that I haven't made any major changes yet, but hope to gradually get back to the 75/25 allocation by the end of 2009.
I have been posting our quarterly Net Worth report for the last two years, but I will take a break now partly because it takes too much work to do this on a quarterly basis, and partly because of concerns about our privacy. I already use Quicken to track our finances, and Quicken does all the tracking that I really need. In addition, I track all our accounts using Fidelity Full View service (provided by Yodlee).
I also realize that I haven't been posting as often as I would have liked. I have been busy with a different project (on an unrelated topic) and find it increasingly harder to post on this blog. I will likely take a break from posting here for sometime but hope to return to more regular posting at a later time. Thank you for reading and subscribing to this blog, and for the many encouraging comments and emails.
- Net Worth update - 2008 Third quarter: Down 5.7%
- Net Worth update - 2008 Second quarter: Down 1.1%
- Net Worth update - 2008 First quarter: Up 1.4%
- Net Worth update - 2007 Fourth quarter: Up 1.3%
- Net Worth update - 2007 Third quarter: Up 6.1%
- Net Worth update - 2007 Second quarter: Up 7.4%
- Net Worth update - 2007 First quarter: Up 7.7%
- Our Net Worth over the years
- Financial goals for retirement
- Asset Allocation update: 2007 December